Summary: This product recall involves two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers:
- Plastic handle fire extinguishers
- Plastic push-button fire extinguishers
This Recall does not include Kidde Professional or Badger branded fire extinguishers. Units with metal handles/valve assemblies are not included in the recall.
Follow These Steps:
1. View the following links to determine if you have an affected model:
• Plastic handle fire extinguishers: Open to view the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (Opens in new browser window)
• Push-Button Fire Extinguishers: Open to view the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (Opens in new browser window)
2. If you believe that you may have an affected model, before continuing, also use the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (link above) to locate and collect your Model Number, Serial Number, and Date Code (if applicable). The Date Code is a 10-digit number printed on the side of your fire extinguisher, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture, and these five numbers are what you will need to proceed.
3. When you are ready to proceed, select your unit from the list below. Note: If you have a push button model used on a personal watercraft such as a JET SKI®, be sure to select the personal watercraft option.
4. If you believe that you have an affected extinguisher installed in an motor vehicle (or RV), or are a motor vehicle (or RV) dealer, please select your unit from the list below. To complete the replacement process you will need to have the VIN number of your vehicle. If you have additional questions, please call 1-855-262-3540.